- prospective or actual vendors, purchasers, landlords and tenants;
- prospective or actual suppliers;
- agents or independent contractors, any person who applies to become such an employee, agent or independent contractor;
- employees, except where the use or disclosure is directly related to the relationship between us as employer and you as the employee and relates to an “employee record” about you as a present or past employee.
Terms and Conditions
- by communicating with us or by continuing to request our services, including but not limited to by attending our office, attending an open for inspection, making enquiries via internet, email or phone;
- providing us with your contact details and consenting in writing for such details to be conveyed to a mortgage broker or financier;
- by visiting our website or participating in an online enquiry; and
- by visiting any website or social media site established by us, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Google+, YouTube and Linked In (“Social Media Sites”); and
- by participating in any activity on a Social Media Site including but not limited to entering competitions, subscribing to our blog, posting, pinning or uploading any material on any Social Media Site, following, liking and/or commenting on us or anything on any Social Media Site (“Social Media Activity”).
What is Personal Information?
For the purposes of this Statement, “Personal Information” is information or an opinion about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether or not the information or opinion is true and whether or not it is recorded in a material form. The types of Personal Information generally collected by us may differ, depending on whether you are or would like to become a Jo Kidder Real Estate vendor, purchaser, landlord, tenant, supplier, employee, agent or independent contractor of us.
Personal Information does not include an “employee record”. An “employee record” is a record of personal information relating to the employment of the employee. This includes health information and personal information relating to the:
- engagement, training, disciplining of an employee,
- resignation or termination of an employee;
- terms and conditions of employment of an employee;
- employee’s performance or conduct;
- hours of employment, salary or wages;
- personal and emergency contact details;
- employee’s membership of professional or trade associations or trade union membership;
- employee’s recreation, long service, sick, personal, maternity, paternity and other leave; and
- employee’s taxation, banking and superannuation affairs.
What Personal Information do we collect from you?
Generally, the type of Personal Information collected by us includes your name, address, mobile and telephone numbers, facsimile number and e-mail address. If applicable, we may also require details of your company’s ABN and/or ACN, financial information including bank account and credit card details, profit and loss statements, balance sheets, your employer and occupation details and title and mortgage details of any relevant property. We may be required to take images of the inside of your home via photos or video.
From our employees and/or prospective employees, we may also collect the following information: emergency contact details, qualifications, previous employment details, driver’s license numbers, medical and health information, passports, leave summaries, wages and salary information, date of birth, superannuation information, tax file numbers, information relating to performance and conduct.
From time to time, photos may be taken for marketing and promotional purposes which may include images of employees and/or clients, from which individuals may be able to be identified.
Via Social Media Sites, we may be able to obtain other information about you which may itself constitute personal information or which, when combined with other information, is capable of identifying you, including photos, videos and any other information that you include on our Social Media Sites or sites linked to our Social Media Sites (“Other Sites”). The level of information to which we have access may depend on your privacy settings on such Other Sites.
In some circumstances, you may deal with us anonymously or using a pseudonym. However, in most circumstances it is impracticable to do so because if you do not provide us with the personal information that we require or if you provide it in a way that does not identify you, we are likely to be unable to carry out the services requested by you.
How do we collect your Personal Information?
Personal Information may be collected as follows:
- when you make a general or specific telephone enquiry;
- when you engage us or discuss engaging us to provide services or advice to you;
- when you negotiate with us in respect of purchasing or renting a property;
- when you provide your details to us at an “open for inspection” property or an auction;
- when we inspect a rental property or property for sale;
- when you provide to us or we collect your business card;
- when you visit our website and complete an on-line enquiry or a form for the purpose of requesting and/or accessing certain services on our website;
- when you send an email to us;
- from third parties such as credit reporting agencies;
- from publicly available sources of information; and
- through analysis of the Social Media Sites conducted by us or by third parties on our behalf;
- any other collection of or incidental or directly or indirectly related to the services we may be able to provide to you.
We can obtain information through our website if you send an e-mail message and complete an online enquiry. When you look at our website, we may make a record of your visit. The following information may be logged for statistical purposes:
- your Internet protocol (IP) address;
- the date and time of your visit to the site;
- the pages you have accessed and documents downloaded; and
- the type of browser you were using.
Any such statistical analysis does not identify you.
Tracking technologies such as cookies may be used on our website to recognise a user’s browser each time that user visits our site and to track which pages the user visits whilst on our site and also to push advertisements to your internet protocol address. Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to a computer’s hard drive for record keeping purposes. Most web browsers are set to accept tracking technologies such as cookies. These tracking technologies do not personally identify the user. If you do not wish to receive any cookies you may set your browser to refuse them. However, your use of our website may be affected.
If you view the online webpage relating to any of our properties for lease or sale, you may enquire further about the property by manually completing an online enquiry form or by authenticating your details through your Facebook or LinkedIn account. If you choose to authenticate your details via your Facebook or LinkedIn account, we will be provided with the following information and/or Personal Information:
- Facebook or LinkedIn username;
- Email address;
- Phone Number; and
- Address (if you have provided Facebook or LinkedIn with these details).
If you ‘like’ or ‘follow’ us or a property via our Facebook or Linked In pages, we may be able to view your Facebook page, subject to your Facebook privacy settings.
How do we use your Personal Information?
Any Personal Information that we collect will be used by us to enable us to provide you with the services that you have requested or otherwise to enable us to carry out our functions as professional real estate agents and for the following purposes:
- supplying our products and services to you;
- providing quality assurance for our services;
- responding to your enquiries and feedback regarding our business, our products and services;
- monitoring the performance of our business;
- marketing including email marketing, promotional and educative activities;
- enforcing the terms and conditions of our engagement with you;
- ensuring compliance with our statutory obligations;
- conducting appropriate credit checks; and
- referral to a mortgage broker or financier, subject to express consent.